Monday, June 10, 2013

Morning Worship, 6/2/13: "The Centurion's Favor"

            Last weekend, Kerry asked me to help her carry a chair outside.  This was not an unusual request.  People ask me why I have a truck, and I quickly tell them it’s because my wife loves chairs.  The particular chair we were moving was upstairs, so I waited beside it for a few minutes.  Kerry didn’t come, so my stubborn impatience led me to pick it up and bring it downstairs by myself.  Bad idea.  I got it down, but by the hardest.  And I asked myself, “What is wrong with me?  Why can’t I ask for help and be willing to wait and receive it?” 
            With that in mind, I sought counsel from the Scriptures.  I remembered this story of the centurion, so I spent the week studying it.   Why did the centurion reach out to Jesus for help?  How long did he wait to receive it?  Why didn’t he just take the slave to Jesus?  


May the Lord be with you! 

No comments: